Natural Apptitude is recruiting for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join the team. This is an exciting role where you will focus on two key areas; the design process around our SaaS data collection platform and working with our clients on a diverse range of custom website and mobile app solutions. We are a group of passionate and highly skilled individuals working together to achieve our vision of a future where software helps to solve some of the world’s environmental problems. If you want to make a difference whilst enjoying a great career then this could well be the job for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a UX/UI designer for the company you will have responsibility for the design phase across our projects. Work at Natural Apptitude is split between client-facing projects (designing and developing bespoke software to meet business and user goals) and Coreo, our own no-code SaaS platform enabling our users to build data collection applications. You will have responsibility for the research and design deliverables across these areas of work, which are produced according to project need, budget and in a timely manner to ensure user-focused results and business goals are achieved.
As we’re a small team you will also have the opportunity to get involved with other areas of the business, according to your interests. This may include aspects of business development, marketing and project management. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, each demanding bespoke design processes that will build upon your strengths.
You will need strong design skills and several years of experience as a UX/UI Designer under your belt, ideally in relation to apps. You will also need to be confident in the design process. You will need to demonstrate and evidence a clear understanding of this in relation to each project’s goals and scope.
You will be versatile, love getting stuck in and learning new things. You’ll thrive on working with people and taking ideas from concept through to production. Designing elegant, user-focused solutions to problems will be one of your key strengths. You’ll also enjoy working with a close knit team, building things that make a real difference for people and the planet.
Your passion for user-focused design and continuous improvement will mean that you thrive in our start-up environment. Our collaborative, flexible and ‘as autonomous as you wish’ way of working will provide an excellent platform for you to grow, learn and explore new technologies and tools, helping make our vision become a reality.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Excellent design skills and experience using the Adobe Suite and Figma.
- Strong experience and understanding of the user-focused design process.
- Proven ability to create project appropriate UX and UI deliverables dependent on business and user goals, and scope.
- Skilled in understanding and designing complex user journeys for multiple user groups.
- Experience designing accessible app and website interfaces across different devices and platforms.
- Excellent analytical skills around quantitative and qualitative data to produce designs that meet user needs and provide a persuasive case to influence senior stakeholders.
- Experience working and communicating with developers to facilitate a smooth build process and to also understand constraints that may need to be considered in design.
- Experience working and communicating with clients, with the ability to run workshops and to clearly explain design process and decisions when appropriate, persuading stakeholders when required.
- Ability to show empathy when working closely with users, being able to listen to them and analyse what they say objectively, without making a personal interpretation.
- Two years or more experience in UX and/or UI design, or a related field.
GREAT TO HAVE
- Professional qualification and/or accreditation or equivalent experience gained in an appropriate field.
- Experience working at an agency.
- Experience working on a SaaS product.
- A passion for the environment and an understanding of the ecology/conservation sectors.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to working for a company that’s genuinely interested in saving the planet …
- £28,000 – £38,000 joining salary (reviewed annually)
- Company pension
- 28 days leave per year (incl. bank holidays)
- + 1 additional day of annual leave per year of employment (capped at 5 years)
- + Christmas – New Year closure (average 4 additional days of annual leave)
- Ability to carry 5 days of unused leave into the following year
- 3 days per annum to spend on ‘research and development’ focused work
- 1 day per year to undertake charitable work of your choice
- Lieu time for additional hours worked
- Remote working (see below)
- Flexible hours (core hours being 10am-4pm)
- Professional and personal development, an approach that you can shape to your needs and interests
- A great work environment
- Strictly ‘no work’ team days out (surfing, climbing, relaxing in the pub etc)
We believe in investing in our people, encouraging career and personal development through training programmes and performance assessments to help you to flourish and to grow with the company.
At Natural Apptitude we develop software predominantly to support people working in the environment, conservation and ecology sectors. We are an industry leader in the field of geospatial data collection and citizen science and work with organisations like the RSPB, Butterfly Conservation and the Environment Agency. Natural Apptitude’s main focus is to support the work of the many organisations across the globe addressing biodiversity loss. We’re a talented and fun team of engineers, designers. marketers and problem-solvers dedicated to innovation, and playing our part in protecting the environment. There’s never been a more important time to do this.
In addition to bespoke software development, we also offer a unique no-code mobile data collection platform – Coreo. New to market, Coreo is set to become a major part of the business over the coming years. This is perhaps the most exciting time to join Natural Apptitude, as we begin to scale and start to roll Coreo out.
Location – remote within the UK
We’ve been working successfully as a remote team for several years and we’re open to you working fully remotely. Alternatively, you may work from shared office space of your choosing as often as you wish. We offer an inclusive and integrated team despite being remote – you won’t feel isolated – far from it! We provide an attentive and supportive on-boarding process, plus mentoring if required; all of which can be tailored to suit your preferred ways of learning.
For an informal chat about this role, or to express an interest, please contact Dave, the company Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org